May 27, 2014

Bumble Bees and Blueberries 5.26.14

When we were at Jim’s cousin’s in Ovid..I asked how they pollinated their blueberry farm. Val said that Bumble Bees were the natural pollinators.

My son, Dave, has a few blueberry plants in his yard and I saw several Bumble Bees on them.

 

102_3336cs_thumb[3]

I’ve seen very few Honeybees up this way. I know they must be here but so far I haven’t seen a single one.

There were at least 4 Bumble Bees working the half dozen plants.

102_3340cs_thumb[2]

I remember when my brother was a little kid..about 5..and he caught a Bumblebee in his hand….after getting stung…he brushed it off his hand and said “hot birdie, hot birdie”. I can understand why he caught it….they are cute little fuzzy things.

102_3341cs_thumb[3]

You can see several small grains of pollen on the hairs of this one.

102_3342cs_thumb[2]

It’s amazing how beautiful God’s little creatures are if you take the time to look.

No comments: