September 19, 2009

A day at Silver Glen Springs, FL

We are anchored in the foreground. This is early in the morning and none of the weekend boaters have arrived yet, so it is quiet.133cs I was up early and took Raisin ashore. While out…I spotted this bird sitting on the neighboring houseboat’s dingy.046cs

I believe it is an immature Yellow-Crowned Night Heron, or an immature Black-Crowned Night Heron. I have never seen this bird before. Still haven't seen the adult.

At the top of a beautiful tree..sat a Bald Eagle.108cs

It’s just starting to take off. I was a bit quick with the camera. Isn’t that a beautiful tree. It was sharing it with a buzzard. There were 2 Bald Eagles along the “run”.119cs

This was all before coffee!  Jim stayed aboard and had hot coffee ready for me when I got back.

After a nice cool swim we took the dingy for a ride to the entrance of the Springs.003cs

The sign is a favorite perch for the Cormorants. They have webbed feet like the Anhinga, and swim submerged as they do.

The breeze remained with us all day. It was comfortably cool. We plan to spend another night here and then head S.

No comments: